Surcharge of agent service for customs procedure
- Surcharge of agent service for customs procedure is charged for personnel & material costs incurring from customs procedure for a taxable mail item to be collected from the customer in accordance with Article 32 of International Postal Regulations.
- Payment methods: Via mail carrier (in cash)/ePost (credit card, mobile phone, account transfer)
- Surcharge of agent service for customs procedure (inbound item) - Taxable mail item
- Inbound letter - 2,000 KRW
- Printed matter in mail bag (M Bag) - 4,000 KRW
- Inbound or returned parcel – 4,000 KRW
- Inbound EMS item – 4,000 KRW
- Mail type exempted from surcharge of agent service for customs procedure
- A mail item exempted from postal charges under Article 16 of Universal Postal Convention
- A mail item addressed to a diplomatic mission in the Republic of Korea or a diplomat working for such diplomatic mission or to an international organization treated as equivalent to a diplomatic mission or an employee of such international organization
- A mail item addressed to the Head of the State
- A mail item approved by the Minister of Science, ICT and Future Planning for telecommunication services
- A mail item that does not fall under any of the abovementioned types but that is exempted from customs duty
For more details such as on mailing, customs clearance, mail item tracking, each country’s terms & conditions, delivery, please visit our EMS webpage http://ems.epost.go.kr, or contact our call center +82 1588 1300.